Mike Smith (Illustrator)


Getting a poor reception.


  1. Mike Gray
    Posted March 13, 2009 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

    Tell ‘em. We’ve had our fair share of serious appointments with health and education professionals over the years because of Callum’s autism. I’d say they get it right about 60% of the time. The other 40% swings between uncomfortable and atrocious. I could tell you some stories…but I won’t!
    8-] Like the ‘best of’ section by the way. I didn’t recall ‘dog-poo-toilet’ as being a digital one…my memories had it.
    BTW – am I being a luddite – can I subscribe to something that notifies me of blogshank updates?
    Ahhh – I see I can!

  2. Posted March 13, 2009 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

    Great post. Thank you for continuing to post these and sharing with us.

  3. Posted March 13, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

    Mike — thanks a lot! I think those two ladies didn’t have enough to do that day. I can imagine the trials you’ve had down the years, although what I can imagine probably doesn’t come close.
    I don’t know how you get notified of automatic updates. There’s the RSS/Atom thing which I don’t really understand, and I think Google do a notification service. Talking of being a Luddite, I wish I knew how to manage the comments so that I could register people as being trusted commenters, so I don’t have to approve them each time. I set this blog up on MovableType which was a big mistake as it’s got a terrible interface.
    Joyce — thanks for commenting. It’s great to have someone I don’t even know reading the and there aren’t many of you!

  4. John B on NB Jambo
    Posted March 15, 2009 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

    You said
    “It’s great to have someone I don’t even know reading the and there aren’t many of you!”
    If this is true, than that is a REAL shame. I am hooked!

  5. Posted March 16, 2009 at 11:08 am | Permalink

    Cheers John. I think a few boaters come here via Lucky Duck and Kestrel, who both moor in Cambridge, where we used to be.

  6. Posted March 23, 2009 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

    Yes, I’m one of those who comes to your blog via Lucky Duck. I really ought to have a link from my own blog though., as I enjoy your witty posts. May I wish you two all the best (oh, and mike, you’ll have to do a bit more than just holding her hand, you know!)

  7. Mike
    Posted March 24, 2009 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

    That’s what she says!